1st Shift | Full-Time| St. Paul, MN
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring a Warehouse Support to join our team in St. Paul. Central McGowan is a leading, family-owned supplier of gases, supplies, equipment, service and more!
WE INVEST IN YOU!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Volunteer Opportunities
- Short term disability, term life, and ADD insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
- Shipping – Receiving Support is responsible for a wide variety of duties related to our gases, equipment, and supplies. This position receives in inventory from freight trucks and handles the product from delivery to stocking in our warehouse
- Shipping merchandise is also an important function of this position, working with our computer software daily to read orders, and make changes to delivery tickets.
- Receive in incoming merchandise from outside vendors.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment. Once a packing list or shipping document is received it must be given to accounts payable.
- Ship out various products using multiple carriers, including preparation of shipments, bills of lading, and work orders.
- Communicate with accounts payable to regarding any issues pertaining to orders
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Fills Co2 cylinders using proper fill procedures, restock supply of cylinders, order needed supply of cylinders and input data into software program.
- Dry Ice Operations – Assists in the product of dry ice products
- Customer Service – Serves as backup Customer Service in the store as needed.
- Educate, assist and provide recommendations to customers on various products and processes.
- Document results of quality assurance.
- High School degree or equivalent, preferred.
- 1-2 years of industry experience, preferred.
- Forklift Certification, a plus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs consistently throughout the day.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO –
Central McGowan is a Minnesota Based independent and family-owned distributor of welding and industrial equipment, gases, supplies, abrasives, safety equipment; beverage carbonation solutions and dry ice; and FANUC-authorized integrator of robotic and automation solutions. specialize in three areas: welding equipment and supplies, gases, and automation. Our liquid bulk gas fleet touches almost every corner of the state with nitrogen, argon, oxygen, helium, and carbon dioxide deliveries. We pride ourselves in being a full-service provider for bulk gas, high pressure cylinders, gas technologies, welding equipment, machines, supplies, safety equipment, abrasives, and consumables. We’re also among the few Minnesota distributors with the capability to help seamlessly integrate robotic technology and automation into businesses.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.