COLDZERO DRY ICE
IMPORTANT TEMPORARY PURE/BULK CO2 & DRY ICE SURCHARGE NOTICE
Due to an unexpected down plant situation and a planned plant shutdown by our suppliers, we are being charged a Contingency Fee for our CO2. As a result, CO2 will be in very short supply for the next few weeks, forcing us to make an unavoidable change in our pricing. Effective immediately, or as we can get the system prepared, we will be temporarily enacting the following pricing changes:
- ALL pure CO2 products and part numbers, including CO2 BULK GM, will automatically incur a $0.0325 per pound (3.25 cents) Contingency Surcharge ($65 divided by 2,000 pounds per ton);
- Dry Ice, due to the conversion factor (takes almost 3 pounds of Liquid CO2 to make a pound of Dry Ice), will incur a $0.09 (9 cents) per pound adder.
DRY ICE - THE NEW GENERATION OF COOLING & CLEANING TECH
When you think of ice, you most likely think of frozen water. Although it's extremely cold (-109 degrees F), dry ice isn't actually frozen or ice at all. It's solidified, highly pressurized carbon dioxide (CO2).
It is non-toxic and sublimates rather than melts, which means it turns straight from a solid to a gas, skipping the liquid phase altogether. This unique property means that the dry ice simply "disappears" when it heats up, leaving no residue or waste to be cleaned.
The CO2 used to make dry ice is a natural by-product of several industrial manufacturing processes such as fermentation and petrochemical refining. When dry ice is used no new CO2 is produced. Instead, only the original CO2 by-product is released which is why using dry ice is considered to be "carbon-neutral" and environmentally responsible.
Due to its extremely cold temperature and long cooling power, it is often used to keep items cold during transit. It is also used as an effective medium for cleaning industrial machinery/equipment, removing rust and paint without water or chemicals.
NOT ALL DRY ICE IS CREATED EQUAL
COLDZERO: SUPERIOR COLD & CLEANING TECH WITH ZERO RESIDUE
Central McGowan's ColdZERO Dry Ice is manufactured at our St. Cloud and St. Paul locations using Cold Jet’s newest dry ice technology for the highest density, freshest dry ice rice available.
- Superior to sand, soda, water, solvents, chemicals, or power/hand tools in terms of cleaning performance, efficacy, efficiency and ease of use
- More cooling power than water ice pound for pound
- Made fresh daily to order for maximum shelf life and cooling and cleaning power
Available in Standard & Custom Forms to Fit Your Application: Blocks, Slabs, Nuggets & Rice
USED FOR HUNDREDS OF APPLICATIONS
AIRLINE SHIPPING | INDUSTRIAL CLEANING & BLASTING | FOOD PACKAGING, SHIPPING & TRANSPORT (NOT FOODGRADE) | MEDICAL MANUFACTURING, SHIPPING & TREATMENTS | CONSTRUCTION | METALWORKING | WOODWORKING | PLUMBING | BODY WORK | AGRICULTURE | HUNTING & FISHING | CAMPING | BOAT/WATERCRAFT CLEANING | EVENTS/FOOD DISPLAYS | SCIENCE PROJECTS | COOL HALLOWEEN/STAGE EFFECTS & MORE
Business customers can call ahead to order. For orders of 500-lbs. and larger, we offer:
- Same-Day Delivery & Pickup available
- Delivery in Reusable, Rolling Insulated Totes for easy pickup and transport lined with plastic to ensure purity)
- Volume-based Pricing for greater value
THE ADVANTAGES OF DRY ICE