1st Shift | Full-Time | Little Falls, MN
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! We are actively seeking motivated Warehouse Support/Route Relief Driver to work in our Little Falls location!
Under the direction of, and reporting to the Branch Manager, the utility relief driver supports a wide variety of distribution areas, including warehouse support, customer service and back up driving for routes. They help control warehouse inventory by coordinating movement of product from warehouse to shipping to store. They also help receive, stores and distribute materials, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
- Shipping and receiving of hard goods, consumables, and cylinders from outside vendors as well as internal transfer of goods.
- The transfer of products between St. Cloud and Little Falls Branches (in absence of a transfer driver).
- The loading and unloading of cylinders and hard goods off the St. Cloud transfer truck.
- Distribution and stocking of items from the St. Cloud transfer truck.
- Maintenance of stocking levels and inventories in warehouse and in store.
- Shipment and receipt of incoming freight, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to appropriate department or warehouse space.
- Movement of product and cylinders to stock inventory from warehouse to the retail store
- Cycle counting inventory and cylinders.
- Serve as relief route driver for multiple routes
- Use ACM handheld units.
- Serve as a backup for customer service calls and walk-in customers
- Receipt of incoming merchandise from outside vendors
- Helping unload incoming freight trucks.
- Receipt and unloading of incoming materials and compare information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment. Once a packing list or shipping document is received it must be given to accounts payable.
- Sort, count, package, label, insure, unpack, and/or log inventory which is received.
- Communicate with accounts payable to regarding any issues pertaining to orders.
- Verify that all incoming freight matches our purchase orders.
- Fill all customer back orders and sort and stock by sales personnel.
- Stock warehouse inventory using our bin location system.
- Be able to reads orders and locate products using our bin location system.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notify supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Deliver items to requisitioning departments.
- Fill orders for route sales and account managers
- Assist route salesmen with loading and unloading cylinders.
- Use TIMS to create store delivery tickets for orders requested by account managers and route sales personnel.
- Pull orders from inventory and deliver to account manager / route sales back-order shelf.
- Fill Propane and Chemtane cylinders
- Inspect, label, and maintain all propane cylinders to remain complaint.
- Safely fill and operate fuel gas filling station.
- Ship various products using multiple carriers
- Be able to locate products and pull orders using our bin location system from delivery tickets.
- Ensure that all orders are pulled correctly and communicate with sales personnel or purchasing if there are questions or discrepancies.
- Make necessary changes to delivery tickets to ensure the customer will receive the exact shipment they are expecting.
- Enter in orders and generate delivery tickets using our TIMS software that is turned in by route delivery drivers.
- Perform building maintenance tasks to both interior and exterior of our facility.
- Clean and maintain warehouse, including but not limited to rotating inventories, sweeping, organizing.
- Perform seasonal interior and exterior maintenance.
- Set up new and used equipment for sale or delivery.
- All other duties requested by management.
- High School degree or equivalent, preferred.
- CDL Class B license with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements, required (will sponsor to obtain as necessary).
- 1-2 years of industry experience, preferred.
- Forklift Certification, a plus.
- Ability to lift and move up to 50lbs consistently throughout the day.
What’s in it for me?
WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Who we are and what we do
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified, family owned and oriented business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and Iowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jasons Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN and Preferred Welder Sales in Mankato, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis and southern metro areas.
- In 2022, we celebrated our 75th year and are looking forward to the next 75.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!