Are you looking for a challenging yet rewarding career? Then Fessler Carbonic Gas Company is the place for you! Join our growing company! We are a family owned, diversified business with a passion to serve our customers as well as our employees. We are actively seeking a Utility Relief Driver to work out of our Des Moines location
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes! It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
1st Shift | Full-Time Status | Des Moines, IA
Under the direction of, and reporting to the VP of Beverage Carbonation/CO2 Solutions, the Utility Relief Driver position serves as the backup driver for bulk gases at customer locations. In addition, the Utility Relief Driver works under Warehouse Operations, moving and filling cylinders as well as working to unload and load freight trucks.
Fill Operations 60%, Relief Driving 40%
- Fill Operations
- Paint & prep cylinders for filling.
- Cylinder filling procedures.
- Cylinder handling (moving cylinders to and away from the fill racks & manifolds).
- Maintaining and fill cylinders to regulatory standards.
- Track and maintain cylinder data through advanced cylinder management software.
- Assist in loading and unloading cylinders to aid in the delivery and receipt of tanks.
- Deliver a full variety of cryogenic and gaseous cylinders to customers
- Replenish empty customer tanks of all sizes.
- Manage customer’s inventory of bulk gases and consumables to avoid outages.
- Resolve customer issues regarding products or equipment malfunctions. Maintain good working relationships by ensuring that customers receive the best customer service.
- Communicate with appropriate staff, accurately track product and delivery information, and create and maintain a variety of records and documents.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies and promote continuous improvement of workplace safety.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Class A or B CDL, with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement required or ability to obtain.
- One or more years of experience operating large vehicles preferable; or an equivalent combination of experience and training required.
- Able to lift, carry and/or push/pull up to 60 lbs. frequently.
- Adhere and comply with all DOT, Hazmat, and safety regulations.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity, and ability.
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- Weekend differential pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans all of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!