Shipping and Receiving Coordinator
1st Shift | Full-Time | St. Cloud, MN
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION APPLY ONLINE CONTACT US
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is actively seeking a Shipping and Receiving Coordinator to join our team in Saint Cloud!
Under the direction of the Supply Chain Manager, the Shipping and Receiving Coordinator performs a variety of shipping and receiving tasks related to our gases, equipment, and supplies. This position is responsible for verifying materials received are as ordered and routes incoming items to appropriate departments/locations, preparing items for shipment ensuring cost effective courier services, and working with our computer software daily to read orders, and make changes to delivery tickets in order to ship merchandise.
Receive Incoming Merchandise from Outside Vendors
- Assist in unloading incoming freight trucks including but not limited to UPS and FedEx.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment.
- Sorts, counts, packages, labels, unpacks, and/or logs inventory which is received.
- Communicate with Purchasing Coordinator regarding any issues pertaining to orders.
- Verify that all incoming freight matches purchase orders.
- Fill all customer back orders.
- Stock warehouse inventory using our bin location system.
- Efficiently read orders and locate products using our bin location system.
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or Purchasing Coordinator.
- Delivers items to requisitioning departments.
- Traces lost shipments and/or customer claims of lost shipments; initiates proof of delivery documents.
Shipment of Various Products
- Be able to locate products and pull orders using our bin location system from delivery tickets.
- Prepares shipments for postal or commercial conveyance; determines most economical and efficient shipping method; selects appropriate shipping container; packs items to ensure safe delivery.
- Prepares bills of lading; checks items to be shipped against work orders to ascertain that quantities, destination, and routing are correct.
- Ensure that all orders are pulled correctly and communicate with the team or purchasing if there are questions or discrepancies.
- Make necessary changes to delivery tickets to ensure the customer will receive the exact shipment they are expecting.
- Enter in orders and generate delivery tickets using our TIMS software that is turned in by route delivery drivers.
- Have a working understanding of the UPS shipping software. Be able to ship orders from and make labels using the UPS software.
- Ability to operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift in loading and unloading supplies and equipment; may operate shrink-wrap machine; may operate company vehicle to delivery shipments; may assist in routine maintenance of equipment and shipping area; may lock warehouse and set alarms.
- Manage warehouse space to accommodate changes in stocking levels and prepare for the addition of new products.
- Clean and organize warehouse.
- Provide backup customer service in our retail store on rotating Saturdays.
- All other duties requested by management.
- High School degree or equivalent, required.
- 1-2 years of relative experience, preferred.
- Forklift certification or prior forklift experience preferred.
What’s in it for me?
WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Who we are and what we do
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified, family owned and oriented business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and Iowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jasons Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN and Preferred Welder Sales in Mankato, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis and southern metro areas.
- In 2022, we celebrated our 75th year and are looking forward to the next 75.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!