Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! We are actively seeking a motivated Route Sales Representative/Driver to work out of our St. Cloud location on our St. Cloud Distribution Team!
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes! It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
1st Shift | Full-Time Status | St. Cloud, MN
Under the direction of, and reporting to the Branch Manager, The Route Sales Representative position is responsible for delivery and inventory management functions at customer locations. This position makes 20-30 customer stops on a typical day working in all weather and driving conditions. The Route Sales Rep is also responsible for generating new and repeat sales.
Deliver a full variety of cryogenic and gaseous cylinders to customers.
- Replenish empty customer tanks of all sizes.
- Customer tanks may be located indoors or outdoors.
- Follow approved procedures for safe handling and delivery of product.
- Operate motor vehicle to transport Hazardous Material and equipment safely. Drive carefully and obey all traffic laws
- Handle emergency situations as they arise professionally and in accordance with appropriate protocol.
Manage customer inventory of industrial gases and consumables to avoid outages.
- Work with customers to service and restock inventory in a professional and timely manner.
- Resolve customer issues regarding products or equipment malfunctions. Maintain good working relationships by ensuring that customers receive the best customer service.
Communicate with appropriate staff, accurately track product and delivery information, and create and maintain a variety of records and documents.
- Complete pre-trip inspection of vehicle.
- Record and maintain accurate sales and delivery paperwork
- Document incidents communicate concerns to appropriate staff and give to supervisor immediately for investigation.
Generate new and repeat sales by making recommendations to prospects and clients of various solutions the company offers to their current needs.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Proactively recommend services needed by customers to increase satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all prospects and clients whether on the phone, in person or through electronic communications.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must obtain a Class A or B CDL with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement.
- One or more years of experience operating large vehicles preferable; or an equivalent combination of experience and training required.
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans all of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!