1st Shift | Full-Time| St. Cloud, MN
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring a Procurement Specialist to join our team in Saint Cloud. Central McGowan is a leading, family-owned supplier of gases, supplies, equipment, service and more!
WE INVEST IN YOU!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Volunteer Opportunities
- Short term disability, term life, and ADD insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
Manage the ordering process and ensuring timely orders and deliveries of materials, building vendor relationships and locating key suppliers, negotiating Central McGowan’s purchasing agreements, and planning and creating purchase orders.
Enter, analyze and reconcile inventory data
- Identify and reconcile inventory discrepancies and/or negative balances
- Analyze inventory sales history and correct/adjust stocking levels as needed
- Reconcile shipping errors on purchase orders, pricing issues on purchase orders and damaged freight issues.
- Add/edit/remove part numbers from TIMS system
- Execute all product and inventory returns, warranty submissions and replacements for all defective or failing products.
- Create purchase orders and tally these with supply requests and orders
- Analyze invoices to ensure accuracy of goods delivered
- Monitor inventory to ensure the flow of goods remains positive
- Manage daily, monthly and quarterly reports
- Performs physical inventory counts to review stock balances and adjust any discrepancies in order to maintain accurate inventory levels as needed
- Work alongside other internal departments to resolve issues and concerns
Review, update, and maintain purchase orders
- Ensures PO’s are created correctly and follows up on any issues related to PO creation
- Assists in purchasing duties related to routine supplies and equipment
- Manage and maintain contracts with vendors
Ecommerce Operations Analyst
- Responsible for owning the inventory analysis and manage and day-to-day functions for varying brands.
- Using knowledge of eCommerce data points, the eCommerce Operations Analyst would review data, identify opportunities, and present actionable insights to appropriate FSO.
- Manage inventory for our eCommerce brands by collaborating daily with Distribution and Warehouse teams to ensure accurate inventory levels, facilitate late shipments and closure of open orders.
- Responsible for creation and delivering eCommerce forecast reports in collaboration with our brands, finance, and logistics.
- Collaborate with internal partners to manage eCommerce customers to expand assortment and sales.
- Manage day-to-day site merchandising to ensure item description is accurate including pricing, imagery, available for purchase, and associated category, brand, and attributes.
- Associate’s Degree in Business, Supply Chain, or related field; or equivalent combination of education and work experience
- 2+ years of purchasing, procurement or inventory experience in a distribution/industrial/welding supply environment desired.
- Previous eCommerce/CRM experience, preferred.
- Advanced skills in Windows based Microsoft Office, Excel and general ERP systems.
- Knowledge of process improvement tools and techniques (lean, 6 sigma)
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO –
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jason’s Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis metro area and most recently Preferred Welder Sales out of Mankato expanding our Southern MN footprint.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.