1st Shift | Full-Time | Minneapolis, MN
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! We are actively seeking a motivated Hot Shot Delivery Driver to join our team in Minneapolis!
Under the direction of, and reporting to the Branch Manager, the Hot Shot Delivery driver supports a wide variety of distribution customer needs. Order delivery, warehouse support, customer service, and a back-up for counter retail sales. Their primary job responsibility is daily order delivery to customer locations on an as needed basis. They also help receive inventory materials, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of ERP entry/receipt.
- Serve as primary delivery driver for customer orders
- Hot shot delivery and job-related driving duties as assigned
- Daily delivery of both gas cylinders and welding hard goods
- Execute quality of service at customer location: materials placement, stocking of shelves, and add-on/future product needs
- Present a professional attitude and appearance
- Order pick and receiving of hard goods, consumables, and cylinders from outside vendors as well as internal transfer of goods
- Maintenance of stocking levels and inventories in warehouse and in store.
- Shipment and receipt of incoming freight, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to appropriate department or warehouse space.
- Movement of product and cylinders to stock inventory from warehouse to the retail store
- Cycle counting inventory and cylinders.
- Ability to use ERP computer system as a tool for order processing.
- Serve as a backup for customer service phone calls and walk-in customers at branch location.
- Help retail customers with products, orders, and loading of vehicles.
- Answer inbound phone inquiry about materials and services provided by Central McGowan.
- Assist salesmen with loading and unloading cylinders and general customer support.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Valid driver’s license (CDL not required – but a plus!)
- May need to obtain health card for DOT requirements on some company vehicles.
- Experience in the welding and gas industry, preferred.
- Maintain good standing with DISA (drug and alcohol testing program) required.
- Clear driving record the past 3 years AND have the ability to be insured.
- Forklift experience, desired.
- Must be ablet to lift objects weighing up to 50 pounds with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Must be able to move gas cylinders with frequent rolling, moving, and vehicle transport.
- Adhere to all proper safety standards and regulations including wearing proper protective equipment and gear as it relates to the job.
- To meet deadlines and support business operations works a flexible schedule, that can include weekends as needed.
- Must possess valid MN driver’s license and be able to do some local travel.
What’s in it for me?
WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Who we are and what we do
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified, family owned and oriented business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and Iowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jasons Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN and Preferred Welder Sales in Mankato, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis and southern metro areas.
- In 2022, we celebrated our 75th year and are looking forward to the next 75.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!