1st Shift | Full-Time | CDL B Required | St. Cloud, MN
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring a Hot Shot Delivery Driver (CDL B required) to join our team in St. Cloud! Central McGowan is a leading, family-owned supplier of gases, supplies, equipment, service and more!
WE INVEST IN YOU! Our benefits include:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Volunteer Opportunities
- Short term disability, and term life insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
The Hot Shot Delivery Driver supports a wide variety of distribution customer needs, and reports to the Assistant Branch Manager.
- Performs hot shot delivery and job-related driving duties as assigned
- Makes daily deliveries of both gas cylinders and welding hard goods
- Serves as a backup Route Driver for an assigned route as needed (CDL B required)
- Checks orders for accuracy
- Assists Route Drivers with loading/unloading
- Organizes and secures loads, and ensures compliance with DOT and HAZMAT transport
- Executes quality of service at customer location: materials placement, stocking of shelves, and add-on/future product needs
- Presents a professional attitude and appearance
- Uses ACM handheld units to scan cylinders for delivery
- Order pick and receiving of hard goods, consumables, and cylinders from outside vendors as well as internal transfer of goods
- Serves as backup for customer service phone calls and walk-in customers at branch location
- Helps retail customers with products, orders, and loading of vehicles
- Answers inbound phone inquiry about materials and services provided by Central McGowan
- Assists sales team with loading and unloading cylinders and general customer support
- Uses TIMS to create store delivery tickets, and cash sales orders as needed
- Pulls orders from inventory and setup at account manager/route sales staging area
- High School degree or equivalent, required
- Valid Driver’s License (CDL B required, or willingness to obtain)
- HAZMAT and Tanker endorsements required, or ability to obtain
- 1-2 years of relative experience in a similar role, preferred
- Forklift certification or prior forklift experience preferred
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jason’s Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis metro area and most recently Preferred Welder Sales out of Mankato expanding our Southern MN footprint.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.