Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! We are actively seeking motivated Hot Shot Delivery Driver to join our team in Mankato!
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes! It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
1st Shift | Full-Time | No Nights | Year-Round Work
Under the direction of, and reporting to the Branch Manager, the Hot Shot Delivery driver supports a wide variety of distribution customer needs. Order delivery, warehouse support, customer service, and a back-up for counter retail sales. There primary job responsibility is daily order delivery to customer locations on an as needed basis. They also help receive inventory materials, tools, equipment, and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of ERP entry/receipt.
- Hot shot delivery and job-related driving duties as assigned
- Daily delivery of both gas cylinders and welding hard goods
- Checks orders for accuracy
- Organizes and secures load, and ensures compliance with DOT and HazMat transport
- Execute quality of service at customer location: materials placement, stocking of shelves, and add-on/future product needs
- Present a professional attitude and appearance
- Use ACM handheld units to scan cylinders for delivery
- Order pick and receiving of hard goods, consumables, and cylinders from outside vendors as well as internal transfer of goods
- Serve as a backup for customer service phone calls and walk-in customers at branch location
- Help retail customers with products, orders, and loading of vehicles
- Answer inbound phone inquiry about materials and services provided by Central McGowan
- Assist salesmen with loading and unloading cylinders and general customer support
- Use TIMS to create store delivery tickets, and cash sales orders as needed
- Pull orders from inventory and setup at account manager / route sales staging area
- High School degree or equivalent, required.
- Valid Driver’s License (CDL not required, but a plus!)
- May need to obtain health card for DOT requirements on some company vehicles.
- 1-2 years of relative experience in a similar role, preferred.
- Forklift certification or prior forklift experience preferred.
- Ability to commute/relocate to Mankato, MN (reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work required)
WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. We serve all of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!