Do you enjoy meeting new people and building relationships with great team members? Central McGowan has an opportunity for the right candidate to provide outstanding business accounting support to the company’s diverse businesses.
Don’t wait, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
The General Accountant position manages daily, weekly and monthly accounting tasks. On a daily basis this position will complete daily AR items, process collections related to Distribution Accounts, and misc tasks as assigned. Weekly this position will assist with various reports as requested. Monthly this position will assist with various Sales and Use tax items, month end items, and review and adjustment of GL items and financial statements. a
- Process daily Accounts Receivable deposit.
- Perform daily customer collection procedures on delinquent accounts.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation and reports for assigned accounting functions.
- Work closely with teams/departments to ensure accurate financials are maintained and any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner
- Assist with other clerical duties such as photocopying and maintaining copier, laminating, filing, running reports, and typing documents as needed.
- Work safely, abide by and promote established safety policies and procedures. Identify and follow-up on unsafe conditions.
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, documents, correspondence or other information required by management on a timely basis.
- Assist in month end close process as directed.
Perform miscellaneous projects and completes various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Credentials
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent required.
- Two or more years’ experience in a similar Accounting/Accounts Receivable role preferred.
- Strong knowledge of computers and software, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and the most current QuickBooks version required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone, in-person and in writing
- Able to maintain the confidential nature of information.
- Able to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and financial application systems and databases.
- Mathematical/quantitative aptitude and skills to track financial data.
- Must be a good team player and detail-oriented.
- Able to manage time effectively on multiple long and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication to accurately communicate needs with all levels of the organization and with outside agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship building skills to effectively work with a diverse group/variety of people and personalities.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, including possessing good English-speaking skills.
- Diplomacy and tact to handle and resolve difficult issues.
- Perform light work, lifting up to 25 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Hear, speak and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
- Sit at a desk for extended periods of time and perform work sitting at a computer.
- Physical ability to move around office/building area repeatedly throughout the day.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, reviewing detailed reports, information, and fine print.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, nights and weekends on occasion including attending events/meetings as needed.
- Able to use telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, and other office equipment.
We have a great place to work, outstanding people to work with, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.