1ST | FULL-TIME | ST. CLOUD, MN
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring a motivated General Accountant to join our team in St. Cloud. Central McGowan is a leading, family-owned supplier of gases, supplies, equipment, service and more!
WE INVEST IN YOU!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Volunteer Opportunities
- Short term disability, term life, and ADD insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
- Accurately apply incoming ACH, credit card, and check payments.
- Maintain accounts payable system; verify invoices to purchase orders and receiving documents; resolve discrepancies; request checks to pay invoices.
- Assist team in creation of invoices, statements, and reports ensuring all information is accurate and presented in a timely manner.
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, documents, correspondence, or other information required by management on a timely basis.
- Assists with accounting functions such as taxes, and monthly and yearly financial reports.
- Create and review delinquency reports. Conduct collection calls to past due customers.
- Utilize discretion and judgment within company policy to establish payment arrangements as appropriate. Negotiate Credit Extensions when necessary.
- Provide Customer Service regarding collection issues. Resolve customer discrepancies and short payments.
- Make charge-off and pre-legal recommendations to the Accounting Manager.
- Closely monitor/track payment status.
- Update and maintain customer credit files as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred, will consider Associate’s Degree – Major in Accounting/Finance or closely related field.
- 2+ years of experience relative to position, preferred.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principals.
- Experience with accounts payable, account receivable, general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end close process.
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO –
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jason’s Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis metro area. Preferred Welder Sales out of Mankato expanding our Southern MN footprint.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.