1st Shift | Full-Time| St. Paul/Minneapolis MN
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring a motivated Financial Analyst to join our team in the Twin Cities. Central McGowan is a leading, family-owned supplier of gases, supplies, equipment, service and more!
WE INVEST IN YOU!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Volunteer Opportunities
- Short term disability, term life, and ADD insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
- Prepare and analyze complex financial statements, including balance sheet and income statement to identify trends, variances, and ad-hoc analysis for potential issues.
- Use your strong problem solving skills and partnership abilities to build models, dashboards, and other tools that provide insights to the business.
- Identify targets for potential acquisition by the company consistent with its M&A strategy.
- Model and report on the financial impact of acquisitions and partnerships
- Effectively manage the forecasting and planning processes and encourage accountability for achieving forecasted/plan results.
- Other special projects as needed such as business integration and broader FP&A initiatives.
- Provide input and recommendations for process improvements.
- Regularly lead audit projects and ensure success of the project and team.
- Exhibit exceptional business partnership and provide clear and concise communications to management
- Demonstrate the ability to translate audit observations into meaningful business actions
- Recommend leading practices and ideas to improve operating effectiveness/efficiency.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, or other business-related discipline
- CPA accreditation a plus, but not required.
- Minimum of 4-6 years accounting/finance experience preferably
- Demonstrated project ownership and multi-tasking skills
- Must have solid budgeting/forecasting/reporting background and experience with managing multiple entities.
- Strong background in manufacturing/operations, preferred.
- Must be able to collect, interpret, and organize large amounts of data.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and financial/accounting software
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO –
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jason’s Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis metro area. Preferred Welder Sales out of Mankato expanding our Southern MN footprint.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.