Bulk CO2/Beverage Carbonation Driver
Are you looking for an opportunity to build your career with a family owned, future-focused, growth-oriented company? Then we would love to hear from you! We’re actively seeking a Bulk Bev-Carb Driver for a first shift opportunity to join our team in Des Moines!
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes! It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION APPLY ONLINE CONTACT US
1st Shift | Full-Time Status | Des Moines, IA
Under the direction of, and reporting to the CO2 Regional Manager, the Bulk Beverage Carbonation Driver is responsible for delivery and inventory of bulk gases at customer locations. This position makes 15-20, CO2 product deliveries to various, established customers on a typical day.
- Deliver a full variety of Bev-Carb gases to customers.
- Replenish Bulk tanks and cylinder gas of all sizes at customers.
- Manage customer’s inventory of bulk gases to avoid outages.
- Follow approved procedures for safe handling and delivery of product.
- Operate motor vehicle to transport Hazardous Material and equipment safely. Drive carefully and obey all traffic laws.
- Complete pre-trip inspection of vehicle.
- Record and maintain accurate delivery paperwork on a daily basis.
- Handle emergency situations as they arise professionally and in accordance with appropriate protocol.
- Work with customers to service and restock inventory in a professional and timely manner.
- Resolve customer issues regarding products or equipment malfunctions. Maintain good working relationships by ensuring that customers receive the best customer service.
- Communicate with appropriate staff, accurately track product and delivery information, and create and maintain a variety of records and documents.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies and promote continuous improvement of workplace safety.
- Perform minor preventive maintenance on vehicles and inform supervisor as appropriate for other maintenance needed for vehicles.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current CDL Class A or B license, required.
- Hazmat and tanker endorsement preferred (or willingness to obtain).
- One or more years of experience operating large vehicles preferable; or an equivalent combination of experience and training required.
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations, and Hazmat requirements.
- Clean driving record.
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- Weekend differential pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans all of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!