Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new, build your career somewhere rewarding with a future growth/advancement and a great team? Then look no further! We are actively seeking a motivated Accounts Receivable/Collections Specialist to join our Finance team in our St. Cloud home office!
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes! It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
1st Shift | Full-Time Status | St. Cloud, MN
Under the direction of the Accounting Manger, The Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist manages daily, weekly and monthly AR tasks. On a daily basis this position will complete daily cash deposit, process collections related to customer accounts, and other tasks as assigned. This position also manages and processes customer AR inquiries, invoices, statements, account adjustments, customer reconciliations, credit references, and assists in maintaining sales tax exemption files.
Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- Process daily Accounts Receivable deposit.
- Accurately apply incoming ACH, credit card, and check payments.
- Process and maintain unapplied payments as necessary.
- Prepare daily deposit for the bank.
- Balance daily AR, at the branch level and overall company level.
- Perform daily customer collection procedures on delinquent accounts.
- Create and review delinquency reports. Conduct collection calls and other collection efforts on past due customers.
- Utilize discretion and judgment within company policy to establish payment arrangements as appropriate. Negotiate Credit Extensions when necessary.
- Provide Customer Service regarding collection issues. Resolve customer discrepancies and short payments.
- Make charge-off and pre-legal recommendations to the Controller/Accounting Manager.
- Closely monitor/track payment status.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation and reports for assigned accounting and customer account functions.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or Finance, preferred.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar Accounting/Accounts Receivable role preferred.
- Strong knowledge of computers and software, including Microsoft Office, Outlook, and the most current QuickBooks version required.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Advanced computer skills, and proficient in Microsoft Excel and Word.
- Self-starter with good attitude and aptitude.
- Well-organized with ability to prioritize.
- Very good communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work with a wide range of personnel, both internal and external.
- Attention to detail and problem-solving ability.
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans all of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!