Operations Support – St. Paul
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! We are actively seeking a motivated Operations Support to work in our St. Paul warehouse/office under our Beverage Carbonation and Dry Ice Division!
Central McGowan is an expert BevCarb—which is the art and science of getting a perfect tap beer and the right amount of bubbles in a carbonated beverage—every time.
Our Bulk Beverage CO2 Storage and Delivery Systems offer a highly efficient, cost-effective and safe beverage carbonation solution, and make gas outages and changing out high-pressure CO2 cylinders during rush time a thing of the past.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes! It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION APPLY ONLINE CONTACT US
1st Shift | Full-Time Status | St. Paul, MN
Under the direction of, and reporting to the Branch Manager, Operations Support is responsible for a wide variety of warehouse duties related to our gases, equipment, and supplies. This position produces and packages dry ice products. This position is also responsible for providing customer service on product questions, recommendations, taking orders, etc. – and working to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction.
Primary Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
Receive Incoming Merchandise from Outside Vendors
- Assist in unloading incoming freight trucks.
- Receives and unloads incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment. Once a packing list or shipping document is received it must be given to accounts payable.
- Fill all customer back orders and sort and stock by salesmen
- Inspects shipments for damages or defects; records discrepancies or damages and notifies supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Fills CO2 cylinders using proper fill procedures, restock supply of cylinders, order needed supply of cylinders and input data into software program.
Dry Ice Operations
- Assist in the production of dry ice products
- Fill, move and prepare dry ice totes for delivery
- Provides store customer service.
- Answer customer service calls, on product questions, recommendation or to place an order.
- Educate, assist, and provide recommendations to customers on various products and processes.
- Document results of quality assurance.
Customer Service Personnel for all Functions
- Answer phone as well as answer customer service questions.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all prospects and clients whether on the phone, in person or through electronic communications.
- Provide service to incoming retail customers on gas refills, or hard good recommendations.
- Open and answer Central McGowan sales folder several times daily and reconcile orders and POs for customers.
- Reconcile cylinder count and leases with customers.
- Opening of retail store.
Complete Daily Load Reconciliation
- Verify count of cylinders on load sheet vs. each drivers’ daily tickets.
- Work with driver to reconcile discrepancies.
- Double check the accuracy of load sheet numbers.
Backup Driver for Distribution
- Provide backup relief for designated routes to cover driver absence.
- Make appropriate customer deliveries for scheduled route on assigned dates.
- Make special deliveries as needed using company vehicles.
- All other duties requested by management.
- Perform various office tasks and reports as needed.
- High School degree or equivalent, preferred.
- 1-2 years of customer service experience, preferred.
- 1-2 years of warehouse experience, preferred.
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans all of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!