1st Shift | Full-Time Status | St. Paul, MN | CDL Class B
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring a Bulk Bev-Carb Driver (CDL B Driver – CO2) to join our team in St. Paul. Central McGowan is a leading, family-owned supplier of gases, supplies, equipment, service and more!
What’s in it for me? WE INVEST IN YOU!
Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Volunteer Opportunities
- Short term disability, term life, and ADD insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
- Deliver a full variety of Bev-Carb gases to customers.
- Replenish Bulk tanks and cylinder gas of all sizes at customers.
- Manage customer’s inventory of bulk gases to avoid outages.
- Follow approved procedures for safe handling and delivery of product.
- Operate motor vehicle to transport Hazardous Material and equipment safely. Drive carefully and obey all traffic laws.
- Complete pre-trip inspection of vehicle.
- Record and maintain accurate delivery paperwork daily.
- Handle emergency situations as they arise professionally and in accordance with appropriate protocol.
- Work with customers to service and restock inventory in a professional and timely manner.
- Resolve customer issues regarding products or equipment malfunctions. Maintain good working relationships by ensuring that customers receive the best customer service.
- Communicate with appropriate staff, accurately track product and delivery information, and create and maintain a variety of records and documents.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies and promote continuous improvement of workplace safety.
- Perform minor preventive maintenance on vehicles and inform supervisor as appropriate for other maintenance needed for vehicles.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Current CDL Class A or B license, with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements, required (or willingness to obtain).
- One or more years of experience operating large vehicles preferable; or an equivalent combination of experience and training required.
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations, and Hazmat requirements.
- Clean driving record.
About Central McGowan/WE WORK FOR YOU!
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified, family owned and oriented business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and Iowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 8-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jasons Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; and Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN and Preferred Welder Sales in Mankato, MN to better serve customers the Minneapolis and southern metro areas.
- In 2022, we celebrated our 75th year and are looking forward to the next 75.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.