Do you enjoy meeting new people and building relationships with great team members? Central McGowan has an opportunity for the right candidate to provide outstanding business accounting support to the company’s diverse businesses.
Don’t wait, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
The Bulk Truck Driver position is responsible for delivery and inventory of bulk gases at customer locations. This position makes 15-20 customer stops on a typical day working in all weather and driving conditions.
- Deliver a full variety of Bev-Carb gases to customers.
- Replenish Bulk tanks and cylinder gas of all sizes at customers.
- Customer tanks may be located indoors or outdoors.
- Follow approved procedures for safe handling and delivery of product.
- Operate motor vehicle to transport Hazardous Material and equipment safely. Drive carefully and obey all traffic laws
- Handle emergency situations as they arise professionally and in accordance with appropriate protocol.
- Manage customer’s inventory of bulk gases to avoid outages.
- Work with customers to service and restock inventory in a professional and timely manner.
- Resolve customer issues regarding products or equipment malfunctions. Maintain good working relationships by ensuring that customers receive the best customer service.
- Communicate with appropriate staff, accurately track product and delivery information, and create and maintain a variety of records and documents.
- Complete pre-trip inspection of vehicle.
- Record and maintain accurate delivery paperwork on a daily basis.
- Document incidents, communicate concerns to appropriate staff and give to supervisor immediately for investigation.
- Perform minor preventive maintenance on vehicles and inform supervisor as appropriate for other maintenance needed for vehicles.
- Perform minor preventive maintenance such as ensuring appropriate tire pressure, adding washer fluid, clean mirrors, etc.
- Wash and clean interior including disposing of garbage.
- Take vehicles to garage for maintenance and repairs as scheduled.
- Perform emergency repairs to vehicles on the road or get assistance as appropriate.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies and promote continuous improvement of workplace safety.
- Identify and correct all unsafe conditions and practices and communicate actions to appropriate individuals.
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to attain a Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement.
- One or more years of experience operating large vehicles preferable; or an equivalent combination of experience and training required.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations and Hazmat requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of state and local laws governing operation of motor vehicles on highways and city streets including obeying all traffic laws.
- Able to manage the driving schedule and to plan and prepare ahead.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to perform basic math computations to include percentages.
- Basic computer knowledge and keyboard skills.
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work. Able to work unsupervised, make decisions and solve routine problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, including possessing good English speaking skills, fluency and understandability.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
- Able to lift, carry and/or push/pull up to 100 lbs. frequently.
- Twist, turn, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand, walk and reach frequently in the performance of responsibilities.
- Hear, speak and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with staff and customers.
- Sit for extended periods of time and perform long hours of work sitting in a vehicle.
- Move around repeatedly throughout the day including in and out of vehicles.
- Apply manual dexterity to handle and manipulate objects, tools and controls.
- Visual acuity and ability for safe operation of a motorized vehicle, and to review detailed reports and information.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, as required to meet customer needs.
- Able to be on call evenings and weekends on a rotating basis with other employees.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Incumbent must be able to operate large vehicles.
- Incumbent must be able to use telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, and other office equipment.
- Incumbent must provide steel toed boots to perform job functions.
We have a great place to work, outstanding people to work with, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.