Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring an experienced Branch Manager to work in our new Mankato Branch!
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes! It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
1st Shift | Full-Time Status | Mankato, MN
Under the direction of, and reporting to the VP of Distribution, the Branch Manager works to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and efficient branch management. The Branch Manager works to build strong customer loyalty and build retail clientele through providing exceptional customer service and support. This position requires a hands-on approach and is committed to the expansion and success of the business by implementing strategies that increase productivity and enable sales achievement, both in Retail and support of Outside Sales functions.
Manage Branch Team.
- Edit process and review various inventory and pricing and corresponding reports.
- Review purchase order pricing and receiving with accounts payable.
- Maintain accurate inventory counting and control levels.
- Process and review various profit margin reports.
- Review back-order PO’s and open tickets.
- Manage branch inventory level
- Branch staffing
- Support branch staff through coaching and development.
Manage and Maintain Customer Relationships:.
- Manage relationships with internal and external business partners and customers.
- Manage inventory levels of hard goods / gases for both in store sales and external distribution functions.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Proactively recommend products and services needed by customers to increase satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
Provide and direct customer service functions within the retail branch for all functions.
- Answer customer service calls, on product questions, recommendation or to place an order.
- Generate delivery tickets for phone in orders placed by customers looking for delivery. Ensure the delivery person is aware of details on order.
- Make recommendations on hard good and gas products.
- Troubleshoot various questions over the phone.
- Assist Central McGowan employees calling in with questions and tasks.
Primary point of contact for area Route Sales Driver inquires.
- Setting daily and weekly route schedules
- Ensure proper training of route drivers
- Route Optimization
- Complete daily load reconciliation
- Verify count of cylinders on load sheet vs. each drivers’ daily tickets
- Work with route drivers to reconcile discrepancies.
- Work with route drivers to ensure proper paperwork and filing for branch support team.
- Double check the accuracy of load sheet numbers.
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree in business management preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of sales or store experience, preferably in the distribution industry.
- Experience or knowledge in welding and industrial equipment sales and/or field-related tasks preferred.
Benefits: WE INVEST IN YOU! We offer competitive pay and outstanding benefits within the first 90 days of hire! Our benefits include (but are not limited to):
- Competitive pay
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays Off
- Paid Volunteer Time
- Sponsored Volunteer Opportunities
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Endless career growth and opportunities
**Pay is market competitive and dependent on qualifications**
EEOC Statement: Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. We serve all of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!