1st Shift | Full-Time| St. Cloud, MN
Are you looking for an opportunity to start something new or build your career somewhere rewarding? Then look no further! Central McGowan is now hiring an Automation Sales Manager to join our Automation team in Saint Cloud. Central McGowan is a leading, family-owned supplier of gases, supplies, equipment, service and more! In addition, Central McGowan Automation is a recognized FAUNC integrator – we help customers meet their productivity goals by delivering high-quality solutions and service by being the trusted advisor for the future of Automation in manufacturing.
Under the direction of, and reporting to the President of Automation, the Sales Manager – Automation is responsible for leading the automation sales team along with sales activities from lead generation through close. This includes but is not limited to, supporting teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
Lead the Automation Sales Team
- Develop a business plan, in conjunction with Company management that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Responsible for sales forecasting monthly
- Prepare strategy for effective search of sales leads and prospects.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale.
- Provide leadership for your team, customer, and yourself to generate new and repeat Automation sales by making recommendations to prospects and clients of various solutions the company offers to their business issues, and driving to the close of the sale
- Develop quotations for automation equipment projects.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Proactively recommend products and services needed by customers to increase satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all prospects and clients whether on the phone, in person or through electronic communications.
- Collaborate with automation team to determine necessary equipment, ideas, and pricing.
- Develop a quotation including labor, shipping, installation and training, electrical, material, and finished component purchases.
- Associates degree in sales, marketing or related field, preferred.
- 5+ years of sales experience, preferred.
- Experience in automation industry, preferred.
- Manufacturing experience, a plus.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Strong negotiating and closing skills.
WE INVEST IN YOU!
Our benefits include:
- Competitive Wages
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Annual Profit sharing
- Work life balance – flexible scheduling options
- Paid Time Off (yes, even on your Birthday!)
- Paid Holidays
- Company Paid Volunteer Opportunities
- Short term disability, term life, and ADD insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Health Savings Account
- Employee rewards and recognition events
- Paid Training
- Employee Referral Program
- Endless career growth and opportunities!
WHO WE ARE AND WHAT WE DO –
Central McGowan is a growing, diversified business. We are a leading supplier of gases, dry ice, and state-of-the-art equipment/technology for the manufacturing, welding, medical, and food and beverage industries in the upper Midwest, and a FANUC-authorized integrator of automation/robotic solutions. Our service area spans most of Minnesota and lowa, and areas of North Dakota, South Dakota and Wisconsin with automation implementations across the U.S. and internationally. We’re family owned with local roots and proud of it.
- Founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply in Little Falls, MN (est. 1947) and Central Welding Supply, a small supplier of equipment and gases in St. Cloud, MN.
- Since 2011, we’ve grown from a 55-person, 2-location welding supply company to a nearly 140-person, 7-location, diversified business we are today.
- In 2015, expanded to include custom automation and robotics, making us one of the only local distributors who is also an integrator.
- In 2019, acquired Jasons Beverage Carbonation Company, another successful family-owned CO2 distributor in St. Paul, MN, expanding our distribution area to include customers in Minnesota and parts of North Dakota, South Dakota, Wisconsin and Iowa.
- In 2021, acquired Fessler Carbonic Gas Company in Des Moines, IA, expanding our CO2 footprint to all of Iowa; Metro Welding Supply in Minneapolis, MN and Preferred Welder Sales in Mankato, MN to better serve our customers and most recently Preferred Welder Sales out of Mankato expanding our Southern MN footprint.
It’s been through the hard work and ingenuity of dedicated employees that we’ve grown our services and product offerings to where they are today.
If you are looking for an opportunity for future growth/advancement and to be part of a great team, this could be the opportunity for you!
Central McGowan is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.