Under the direction of, and reporting to the Branch Manager, the Assistant Branch Manager works to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction and efficient route sales team management. The Assistant Branch Manager works to build strong customer loyalty and build retail clientele through providing exceptional customer service and support. The assistant branch manager works to optimize and develop route sales team efficiencies.
Manage Route Sales team:
- Assist in the training and development of customer service and route sales team.
- Drives and actively participates in company’s EOS management model, using Traction Tools to achieve goals.
- Provide leadership, direction, training, and growth opportunities for company and assigned staff.
- Directs and oversees aspects of assigned department functions to ensure the timely and accurate production of department requirements.
Serve as backup support manager for Branch Operations in absence or under the direction of the Branch Manager:
- Manages relationships with internal and external business partners and customers.
- Manage inventory levels of hard goods / gases for both in store sales and external distribution functions.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Proactively recommend products and services needed by customers to increase satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
Assist in providing customer service in the retail branch for all functions:
- Answer phone as well as answer customer service / accounts receivable questions.
- Provide service to incoming retail customers on gas refills.
- Provide service to incoming retail customers regarding hard good recommendations and sales.
- Educate, assist, and provide recommendations to customers on various products and processes.
- When appropriate set-up and demo equipment for customers.
- Open and answer Central McGowan sales folder several times daily and reconcile orders and PO’s for customers.
- Reconcile cylinder count and leases with customers.
- Opening of retail store
- Generate new and repeat sales by making recommendations to prospects and clients about various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all prospects and clients whether on the phone, in person or through electronic communications.
Provide customer service via telephone to incoming city desk callers.
- Answer customer service calls, on product questions, recommendation or to place an order.
- Generate delivery tickets for phone in orders placed by customers looking for delivery. Ensure the delivery person is aware of details on order.
- Troubleshoot various questions over the phone.
- Assist Central McGowan employees calling in with questions and tasks.
Perform various office tasks and reports as needed
- Reconcile cylinder load sheets for drivers and office staff.
- Maintain a clean and organized retail store.
- Re-stock sold items in retail store.
- Checking and posting of daily store invoices.
- Checking and posting of driver invoices.
- Count store cash drawer.
Primary point of contact for Route Sales Driver inquires:
- Complete daily load reconciliation
- Verify count of cylinders on load sheet vs. each drivers’ daily tickets
- Work with route drivers to reconcile discrepancies.
- Work with route drivers to ensure proper paperwork and filing for branch support team.
- Double check the accuracy of load sheet numbers.
- High School degree or equivalent.
- 2-5 years of sales or industry experience, distribution industry preferred.
- 1 – 2 years of experience in welding supplies, processes, and industrial equipment.
Interested? Please apply today!