Do you enjoy meeting new people and building relationships with great customers? Central McGowan has an opportunity for the right candidate to provide outstanding customer service to existing and new customers.
Don’t wait, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
This position is responsible for maintaining inventory and cylinders, and serving as primary Relief Route Driver for the Little Falls location. S/he controls warehouse inventory by coordinating movement of product from warehouse to shipping to store. This person also receives, stores and distributes materials, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
- Manage the shipping and receiving of hard goods, consumables and cylinders from outside vendors as well as internal transfer of goods.
- Serve as relief route driver for multiple routes.
- Serve as a backup for customer service calls and walk in customers.
- Receive in incoming merchandise from outside vendors.
Perform building maintenance tasks to both interior and exterior of our facility.
- Ship various products using multiple carriers.
- Fill orders for route sales and account managers. Requires use of TIMS software to create store delivery tickets.
- Safely fill propane and Chemtane cylinders. Must inspect, label and maintain all propane cylinders to remain complaint; and fill and operate fuel gas filling station.
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as assigned.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a warehouse position preferred.
- Experience working with high pressure cylinders preferred.
- Possess a valid MN driver’s license and proof of insurance.
- Must be able to attain a Class A CDL with HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsement.
- Willingness to work indoors and outdoors in all weather and driving conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have a detailed understanding of the various cylinder sizes, color coding system and code/part numbers.
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Detail-oriented and organized with effective time management skills to meet all deadlines.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision; able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work.
- Able to make decisions and solve routine problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Self-motivated, fast learner shows initiative, willing to seek out needs and meet them.
- Must be or are able to obtain fork lift certification.
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations and HAZMAT requirements.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people/personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, including the ability to understand, speak, and read the English language.
- Hear, speak, and effectively follow oral and written instructions.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- Able to lift up to 100 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Regularly use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear.
- Able to work in heights of 15 ft. or more.
- Sit for extended periods of time and operate a vehicle.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, reviewing detailed reports, information, and fine print.
- Physically travel to customer and prospect locations repeatedly throughout the day, including overnight travel as needed.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, as required to meet customer needs.
- Twist, turn, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand, walk and reach frequently in the performance of responsibilities.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED/OPERATED/REQUIRED
- Telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, and other office equipment.
- Large vehicles and forklift.
- Steel-toed boots to perform job functions.