This full-time position supports a wide variety of distribution areas, including shipping & receiving, route sales, fill plant and customer service. He/she helps control warehouse inventory by coordinating movement of product from warehouse to shipping to store. This person also helps receive, inventory, and distribute materials, tools, equipment and products within the warehouse, ensuring accuracy and timeliness of all job functions.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
PRIMARY SUPPORT RESPONSIBILITIES
- Shipping and receiving of hard goods, consumables and cylinders from outside vendors as well as internal transfer of goods. Includes:
- The transfer of products between St. Cloud and Little Falls Branches.
- The loading and unloading of cylinders and hard goods off the St. Cloud transfer truck.
- Distribution and stocking of items from the St. Cloud transfer truck.
- Maintenance of stocking levels and inventories in warehouse and in store.
- Shipment and receipt of incoming freight, checking in merchandise, matching purchase orders to sales orders and distributing to appropriate department or warehouse space.
- Movement of product and cylinders to stock inventory from warehouse to the retail store on a daily basis.
- Cycle counting inventory and cylinders.
- Serve as relief route driver for multiple routes.
- Use ACM handheld units.
- Serve as a backup for customer service calls and walk-in customers.
- Receipt of incoming merchandise from outside vendors. Includes:
- Helping unload incoming freight trucks.
- Receipt and unloading of incoming materials and compares information on packing slip with purchase order to verify accuracy of shipment. Once a packing list or shipping document is received it must be given to accounts payable.
- Sort, count, package, label, insure, unpack, and/or log inventory which is received.
- Communicate with accounts payable to regarding any issues pertaining to orders.
- Verify that all incoming freight matches our purchase orders.
- Fill all customer back orders and sort and stock by sales personnel.
- Stock warehouse inventory using our bin location system.
- Be able to reads orders and locate products using our bin location system.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notify supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Deliver items to requisitioning departments.
- Perform building maintenance tasks to both interior and exterior of our facility.
- Clean and maintain warehouse, including but not limited to rotating inventories, sweeping, organizing.
- Perform seasonal interior and exterior maintenance.
- Set up new and used equipment for sale or delivery.
- Ship various products using multiple carriers.
- Be able to locate products and pull orders using our bin location system from delivery tickets.
- Ensure that all orders are pulled correctly and communicate with sales personnel or purchasing if there are questions or discrepancies.
- Make necessary changes to delivery tickets to ensure the customer will receive the exact shipment they are expecting.
- Enter in orders and generate delivery tickets using our TIMS software that is turned in by route delivery drivers.
- Fill orders for route sales and account managers.
- Assist route salesmen with loading and unloading cylinders.
- Use TIMS to create store delivery tickets for orders requested by account managers and route sales personnel.
- Pull orders from inventory and deliver to account manager / route sales back order shelf.
- Fill Propane and Chemtane cylinders.
- Inspect, label and maintain all propane cylinders to remain complaint.
- Safely fill and operate fuel gas filling station.
- Perform other projects and tasks as assigned.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience in a warehouse position preferred.
- Experience working with high pressure cylinders preferred.
- Must be able to attain a Class A CDL with HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsement.
- Willingness to work indoors and outdoors in all weather and driving conditions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!