Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Central McGowan has an immediate opportunity for the right candidate in our shipping & receiving department.
Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
This position is responsible for a wide variety of duties related to the efficient and accurate distribution of gases, equipment, and supplies for our customers. S/he is responsible for receiving inventory from freight trucks and handling inventory from stocking through shipment. Shipping merchandise is an important, daily function which requires excellent attention to detail and the use of computer software to read orders and modify delivery tickets.
- Help unload incoming freight trucks.
- Receive and unload incoming materials and compare packing slip information with the purchase order to verify shipment accuracy.
- Sort, count, package, label, insure, unpack, and/or log inventory which is received.
- Fill all customer back orders and sort and stock by salesperson.
- Stock warehouse inventory using our bin location system.
- Read orders and locate products using our bin location system.
- Inspect shipments for damages or defects; record discrepancies or damages and notify supervisor and/or purchasing personnel.
- Locate products and pull orders using our bin location system from delivery tickets.
- Ensure that all orders are pulled correctly and communicate with sales person or purchasing if there are questions or discrepancies.
- Make necessary changes to delivery tickets to ensure order accuracy (customer receives the exact shipment they are expecting).
- May operate dolly, pallet jack, and/or forklift to load and unload supplies and equipment; shrink-wrap machine; and company vehicle to deliver shipments.
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete other various tasks as assigned by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent.
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s Degree a plus.
- 1 year of related experience.
- Experience in welding and industrial equipment sales and/or field-related tasks a plus.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Detail-oriented, organized and effective project and time management skills.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, fast learner.
- Must be fork-lift certified or able to obtain certification.
- Able to work unsupervised, make decisions quickly and solve routine problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people/personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, including the ability to understand, speak, and read the English language.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Ability to accurately prepare and process routine administrative paperwork.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- Moderate physical activity.
- Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds; standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day; climbing ladders; and sitting/working for extended period of time at a computer.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability for computer keyboarding, using office equipment, and reviewing detailed reports, information, and fine print.
- Must possess valid MN driver’s license and proof of insurance and be able to travel to client and prospect locations.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, shrink-wrap machine, forklift, ladder and other office equipment.
The work environment is in an office/warehouse setting in our St. Cloud Location, with some outdoor exposure during the workday. Involves minimal exposure to physical risks, such as operating dangerous equipment or working with chemicals and moderate exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
We have a great place to work, outstanding people to work with, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a distribution hub in Fargo, ND; and 70+ dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.