Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Central McGowan has an immediate opportunity for the right candidate in our Service department.
Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
The Service technician serves customers by performing routine and preventative maintenance as well as repair work on welding and mechanical equipment from Central McGowan customers.
- The service technician serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders from start to finish.
- Investigates customer complaints
- Conducts necessary tests to diagnose and troubleshoot problems.
- Resolves customer problem by completing necessary functions.
- Performs maintenance and repair on all welding and mechanical equipment on site at customer location as well as at Central McGowan service center.
- Establishes service needs by studying the system/equipment requirements.
- Diagnoses customer’s complaint.
- Orders and gathers components and parts necessary to resolve problems.
- Completes service work and installation of new parts
- Performs system/equipment acceptance tests to ensure the equipment is operating at optimal levels.
- Handles customer relations and interactions in person and via telephone regarding equipment.
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints
- Answers customer’s questions and help identify solutions and troubleshooting ideas.
- Suggests improved methods and techniques
- Provides customer recommendations on system improvements.
- Manages the tools and equipment in the service department
- Keeps personal repair, tools and equipment operating by following appropriate operating instructions.
- Troubleshoots breakdowns of our equipment and tools.
- Maintains equipment and supplies, keeping parts and tools neat and organized
- Preforms preventative maintenance and repairs on Central McGowan equipment
- When appropriate call out for repairs to outside vendors
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on location at customer facilities or at our service center in our St. Cloud location.
- Disassemble welder.
- Blow out equipment and inspect for hot or failing components.
- Check drive rolls and drive roll tension.
- Check feed system through gun; make sure wire is feeding properly without kinks.
- Check for proper gas flow at the end of the gun.
- Wipe down and clean exterior of welder.
- Performs welder calibration and certification on location at customer facilities or at our service center in our St. Cloud location.
- Verify welder meter reading to calibrated test equipment.
- Perform resistance test to simulate weld.
- Verify serial numbers and apply unit numbers for documentations purposes.
- Perform wire feed speed calibration using a wire feed speed meter.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs and records.
- Provide and fill out daily call reports when out on service calls and in shop repairs.
- Prepare delivery tickets on repaired equipment.
- Prepare information online for warranty claims
- Prepare customer quotes on repair equipment; work with the account manager when necessary.
- Order replacement parts by generating a non-stock TIMS delivery ticket.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications. Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certification
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- Associates or bachelors in electronics or related degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred.
- Experience working with electronics troubleshooting.
- Willingness to work indoors and outdoors in all weather and driving conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and process information.
- Demonstrate the ability to read and interpret electronic schematics.
- Must focus on providing a quality product.
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
- Must be able to keep customer information, equipment, and knowledge confidential.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, fast learner shows initiative, willing to seek out needs and meet them.
- Mechanical aptitude.
- Must be or are able to obtain fork lift certification
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work. Able to work unsupervised, make decisions and solve routine problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, including possessing good English speaking skills, fluency and understandability.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization. Incumbent must be able to:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- This position includes lifting up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Hear, speak, and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability.
- Physical ability to travel to client and prospect locations repeatedly throughout the day including overnight travel as appropriate.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, nights and weekends occasionally travel to attend educational opportunities.
- Must possess valid MN driver’s license and proof of insurance and be able to travel to client and prospect locations.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, as required to meet customer needs.
- Twist, turn, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand, walk and reach frequently in the performance of responsibilities.
- Must follow safety guidelines.
We have a great place to work, outstanding people to work with, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a distribution hub in Fargo, ND; and 70+ dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.