McGowan has an opportunity for the right candidate to provide outstanding business accounting support to the company’s diverse businesses.
Don’t wait, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
Central McGowan is Minnesota’s largest independent and locally owned suppliers of welding and industrial equipment, supplies, abrasives, safety equipment, automation and robotics. Our Automation department designs, manufactures and supports robotic and custom automation systems. In order to meet our strategic growth and development plans we intend to add an experienced Project Manager to our automation team. Maintaining our commitment to provide high quality and cost effective solutions to our customers continues to be our strong focus.
Central McGowan recognizes that our employees are the reason for our success and we are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment with opportunities for growth and success for all employees. This success is achieved through training, education, commitment to safety, and our strict adherence to ethics and professionalism.
This is an excellent opportunity for a Project Manager, with experience in custom machinery, looking for a challenging automation role within a fast paced project environment. This full time position is based in St. Cloud, MN with some visits to customer sites throughout the surrounding area.
- The Project Manager is required to organize and lead (on time and on budget), from kickoff to delivery, customer projects with the responsibility of maintaining cost and schedule. He or she will accomplish these goals by coordinating with the members of the project team to ensure tasks are completed on time, roadblocks are troubleshot, and activities are coordinated.
- The Project Manager will keep the customer informed of project status, will coordinate with the customer to ensure all scope of work requirements are clear, and coordinate with the tech department for installation scheduling. In addition, the project manager will maintain checklists to ensure all deliverables are shipped with the project. Regularly works with and influences projects in excess of $250,000 each.
- The Project Manager is also responsible for maintaining key scorecard metrics such as On Time Delivery, Quality, and project percent complete among others. In addition the Project Manager may be called upon to lead other continuous improvement activities as directed by the VP of Automation.
- This position will be required to occasionally travel to customer facilities to support all aspects of their projects. Support activities include following up on the status of projects, product installation at customer sites, and important project-related meetings. Travel is estimated at 10-15%.
Required Skills and Experience
- Proven experience of project management in a custom machine environment is required. Must be able to work with sales and engineering to develop project timelines while also meeting customer requirements, change requests and budget constraints. Knowledge of robotic or machine vision systems would be advantageous.
- An associate’s degree is required; however a bachelor’s degree in a technical field is desirable.
- Applicants should be conversant with US technical standards, have the ability to develop internal and external relationships, and be a good problem-solver. Must be a self-starter and possess excellent communication skills along with the ability to work within a multi-disciplined team.
- An excellent opportunity for a project manager, looking for a varied and challenging career opportunity.
Compensation / Benefits
The position includes a highly competitive salary, 401K, medical insurance plan and vacation.
We have a great place to work, outstanding people to work with, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.