This full-time position is responsible for coordinating, analyzing and implementing both hard goods and cylinder inventory. He/she works closely with IT and account managers to ensure goods are managed and tracked.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
- Analyze pricing structures to ensure attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
a. Analyze and implement price changes for inventory file in TIMS software system.
b. Work with sales team and management to ensure customer contracts and pricing are accurate.
c. Analyze profit margin reports in TIMS on a daily basis. Handle all discrepancies on a case by case basis. Work with appropriate departments to resolve questions.
- Establish Customer Order Guides.
a. Receive new price increases from vendors.
b. Implement price changes in our TIMS system.
c. Work with sales team to communicate any price changes. Have salespeople sign off on specific order guide customers which receive a 30 day notice on price changes.
d. Decide on acceptable margins for each customer and put on order guides.
- Manage supply chain process.
a. Reconcile open tickets for Vice President, service department, bulk gas, and various other departments.
b. Purchasing of various vendors including but not limited to PHE, LEN, SIM. Also backs up Supply Chain as needed.
c. Resolves issues with returned goods. Works with salespeople, various departments and external vendors.
- Assist account managers and route sales drivers with various questions/projects on an as-needed basis.
- Implement Cylinder Management process.
a. Analyze and reconcile cylinder activity and audits.
b. Work with sales team to conduct customer cylinder audits.
c. Look at a daily report of outright cylinder sales to analyze even and uneven exchanges.
d. Implement any gas price changes for both cylinder and bulk gases.
e. Reconcile cylinder rental statement.
- Perform miscellaneous projects and tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of sales experience preferred, preferably in the distribution industry.
- Experience in welding and industrial equipment sales and/or field-related tasks preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the distribution/manufacturing industry.
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to adapt to diverse situations rapidly and creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, shows initiative, willing to seek out needs and meet them.
- Excel – must be able to build spreadsheets and use V Lookup.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!