Do you enjoy designing and developing custom solutions for unique manufacturing problems? Central McGowan has an opportunity for the right candidate in our growing automation and robotics division.
Don’t wait, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
This person designs and develops custom automation equipment and robot cells, applying knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as instruments, controls, robots, machines, and customized automation equipment.
- Design and develop custom automation and robotic equipment.
- Research, design, and evaluate mechanical components, equipment, systems and processes to meet customer requirements, applying knowledge of engineering principles, concept and design automated product assembly and inspection cells.
- Work collaboratively in a team to develop solutions to problems.
- Develop the structural design of products using computer-assisted design/drafting and engineering calculations.
- Develop and coordinate all aspects of production, including selection of manufacturing methods, fabrication, and operation of product designs.
- Write performance requirements for product development or engineering projects.
- Apply engineering principles and practices all industries.
- Design test control apparatus and equipment and develop procedures for testing products.
- Responsible for quoting and ordering purchased components.
- Read and interpret blueprints, technical drawings, schematics, and computer-generated reports
- Confer with design team and other personnel to implement operating procedures, resolve system malfunctions, and provide technical information.
- Specify system components or direct modification of products to ensure conformance with engineering design and performance specifications.
- Investigate equipment failures or performance limitation, and make recommendations to correct problems.
- Develop and test models of alternate designs and processing methods to assess feasibility, operating condition effects, possible new applications and necessity of modification.
- Provide technical knowledge, support, and information for sales team and management.
- Research and analyze customer design proposals, specifications, manuals, and other data to evaluate the feasibility, cost, and maintenance requirements of designs or applications.
- Provide sales team with concept drawings and costs of specified components.
- Provide technical customer service.
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
- 5 years of experience preferred.
- Proficient with CAD drawing software, specifically SolidWorks. Designs and develop custom automation equipment and robot cells. Applies knowledge of engineering principles to design products such as instruments, controls, robots, machines, and customized automation equipment.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a distribution hub in Fargo, ND; and 70+ dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.