Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Central McGowan has an immediate opportunity for the right candidate as a Lab/Compliance Manager.
Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
The Manager – Lab/Compliance is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating various operations of Central McGowan’s fill plant. This position is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organization operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
- Manage all gas and bulk gas activities in conjunction with Operations Manager.
- Maintain, coordinate and manage bulk tank inspections at customer locations as well as our own facility.
- Coordinate all industrial gas bulk installations with customers, outside vendors (cranes, concrete, tank mfg, etc.), Central McGowan account manager as well as Central McGowan installation team in conjunction with Operations Manager.
- Schedule and coordinate installation with Central McGowan employees in conjunction with Operations Manager.
- Ensures Central McGowan remains in compliance with rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, and that behavior in the organization meets the company’s Standards of Conduct.
- Authorized to implement all necessary actions to ensure achievement of the objectives of an effective compliance program.
- Develops, initiates, maintains, and revises policies and procedures for the general operation of the Compliance Program and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct. Manages day-to-day operation of the Program.
- Identifies potential areas of compliance vulnerability and risk; develops/implements corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues.
- Develops and periodically reviews and updates compliance procedures to ensure continuing currency and relevance.
- Manages the day to day activity and enforcement of regulations.
- Aid in periodic audits by regulatory agencies.
- Researches and makes changes to regulations and procedures.
- Manage all healthcare and medical customer accounts.
- Make semiannual visits to healthcare facilities to conduct site inspections and promote and build quality customer relationships.
- Monitor, track and document customer information to ensure they remain compliant.
- Communicate and work with medical customers to bring them into current compliance.
- Facilitate and run monthly rebate reports for Centracare health system.
- Responsible for the supervision of gas production department and staff.
- Monitor adherence to rules, regulations and procedures.
- Delegates tasks and accountabilities, establishes and monitors work schedules.
- Ensures department is staffed appropriately to handle work load.
- Coordinate and manage maintenance and repair of cryogenic pumping equipment.
- Research new equipment and ideas to enhance production and productivity.
- Monitor performance and implement improvements, ensure quality of products.
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of management experience preferred, preferably in the distribution industry.
- Experience in welding and industrial equipment sales and/or field-related tasks preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Maintain detailed knowledge of DOT/FDA regulations, changes, and record keeping requirements.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather, prepare, and present detailed business information ensuring accurate estimating and pricing for the customer.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the distribution/manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry on a business conversation with owners and decision makers.
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
- Able to adapt to diverse situations rapidly and creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, shows initiative, willing to seek out needs and meet them.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
- This position includes light work, lifting up to 25 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Hear, speak, and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
- Sit for extended periods of time and perform work sitting at a computer.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, reviewing detailed reports, information, and fine print.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, nights and weekends on occasion including attending events/meetings as needed.
- Must possess valid MN driver’s license and proof of insurance and be able to travel to client and prospect locations.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Incumbent must be able to use telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, and other office equipment.
The work environment is primarily indoors and at our St. Cloud facility. The incumbent must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
We have a great place to work, outstanding people to work with, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.