Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Central McGowan has an immediate opportunity for the right candidate as a Lab/Compliance Manager.
Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
The Manager – Lab & Fill Plant Quality Assurance is responsible for planning, directing, and coordinating various operations of Central McGowan’s fill plant. This position is responsible for ensuring and improving the performance, productivity, efficiency and profitability of departmental and organization operations through the provision of effective methods and strategies.
1) Responsible for ensuring the necessary compliance, training, monitoring, and recordkeeping required by applicable regulatory agencies such as CGMP, HazMat, OSHA, and FDA, and Company standards.
- Direct the efforts of the production and distribution of all Industrial, Medical, Food & Beverage Grade Gas operations to assure quality assurance & compliance with the FDA and other regulatory agencies. Includes periodic reviews of facilities, training and certification of associates, assurance that recordkeeping and files are current, equipment is being properly maintained and calibrated, and certificates of analysis are available for all products used for equipment calibration purposes.
- Responsible for and works with Branch Managers to ensure the necessary requirements are fulfilled for FDA compliance.
- Evaluate & monitor practices, procedures and facilities to assess risk and adherence to the law and industry requirements.
- Manage specialty gas inventory also the manufacture and analysis of specialty gases.
- Manage records (production records, certificates of analysis, etc.)
- Ensure maintenance and calibration of all lab/Fill Plant facility equipment.
- Maintain proper housekeeping of Fill Plant, Laboratory, and Lab Office.
- Coordinate training programs or media which will increase the proficiency in quality and promote quality consciousness throughout the Company.
- Communicate regularly with branch managers, safety committees, fill plant personnel, and delivery/dock personnel, offering them the coaching, advice, support, motivation or information needed in order to help them meet their quality & compliance requirements.
2) Responsible for the supervision of gas production department and staff. Manage the day-to-day operation of the Fill Plant.
- Delegates tasks and accountabilities, establishes and monitors work schedules.
- Ensures department is staffed appropriately to handle work load.
- Coordinate and manage maintenance and repair of cryogenic pumping equipment.
- Research new equipment and ideas to enhance production and productivity.Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
- Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university in chemistry or related technical field.
- 2 – 5 years of management experience preferred, Lab environment quality management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Distributor background and/or field-related tasks preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with Laboratory Equipment (Gas Chromatography, Oxygen Analyzer, Gravimetric Scale, etc.) preferred. Familiarity with Specialty Regulators and Equipment preferred.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather, prepare, and present detailed business information ensuring accurate estimating and pricing for the customer.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the distribution/manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry on a business conversation with owners and decision makers.
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
- Able to adapt to diverse situations rapidly and creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, shows initiative, willing to seek out needs and meet them.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
- This position includes light work, lifting up to 25 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Hear, speak, and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
- Sit for extended periods of time and perform work sitting at a computer.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, reviewing detailed reports, information, and fine print.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, nights and weekends on occasion including attending events/meetings as needed.
- Must possess valid MN driver’s license and proof of insurance and be able to travel to client and prospect locations.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Incumbent must be able to use telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, and other office equipment.
The work environment is primarily indoors and at our St. Cloud facility. The incumbent must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time
We have a great place to work, outstanding people to work with, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.