Are you a dynamic “people person” who likes to represent the company with applicants, at job fairs, and within the community? Are you comfortable interviewing and recruiting for all positions, and have experience in administration of benefits and compensation? If your answer is yes, then our full-time HR Generalist job is for you. Under minimal supervision, this position administers a variety of HR programs, policies and processes; provides general HR support for staffing/recruiting, on-boarding, HR Compliance, payroll support, performance management, compensation, benefits and other HR-related functions.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversees full lifecycle recruitment for multiple positions.
- Recruits, schedules, interviews, tests, and selects employees to fill vacant positions.
- Maintains knowledge of legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting human resources functions and ensures policies, procedures, and reporting are incompliance.
- Plans and conducts new employee orientation to foster positive attitude toward company goals.
- Keeps records of benefits plans participation such as insurance, personnel transactions such as hires, promotions, transfers, performance reviews, terminations, and employee statistics for reporting.
- Advises management in appropriate resolution of employee relations issues.
- Responds to inquiries regarding policies, procedures, and programs.
- Administers performance review program to ensure effectiveness, compliance, and equity within organization.
- Authors job descriptions and manages job board postings.
- Administers salary administration program to ensure compliance and equity within organization.
- Administers benefits programs such as life, health, dental and disability insurances, retirement plans, PTO, leave of absence, and employee assistance.
- Conducts wage surveys within labor market to determine competitive wage rate.
- Minimum high school diploma. Associates or bachelor’s degree preferred but not required, or equivalent work experience.
- 2-5 years progressive HR experience
- PHR a plus, but not required
- Manufacturing experience preferred but not required
- Experience and interest in Human Resources and Talent Acquisition.
- Exceptional communication skills.
- High level of ethics, honesty and transparency
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, time-sensitive environment with shifting priorities and multiple deadlines.
- Dynamic “people person” who can represent the company with applicants, at job fairs, and within the community. Must be comfortable interviewing and recruiting for all positions.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Excellent computer skills. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping; must have experience with HRIS (ADP Preferred) and Applicant Tracking systems
- Strong organizational skills
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Demonstrate understanding of and support company mission, vision and core values.
- Observe & enforce company policies and procedures, safety standards, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and the code of ethical behavior.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you work effectively and cooperatively with vendors, customers, co-workers, and leadership.
- Support and actively participate in company’s EOS management model, using Traction Tools to achieve rocks/goals.
- Participate in process improvement and problem-solving utilizing continuous improvement and rational thinking methodologies
- Recognize and act on safety incidents and risks; consistently practice/enforce safe work habits throughout company.
PHYSICAL & TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
- Stand, walk, sit for extended periods of time at desk/computer
- Speak and listen to others in person and over the phone
- Use keyboard and read from computer screen and reports
- Able to travel out-of-town, overnight as needed
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!