Do you enjoy recruiting and developing talent in a dynamic growing company? Central McGowan has an opportunity for the right candidate to help us build a highly engaged and empowered company culture.
Don’t wait, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
The Human Resource Manager manages the daily administration of Central McGowan policies, procedures, and employment programs. The primary scope of this position is to aid in the development of HR best practices to create a highly engaged and empowered company culture.
The Human Resource Manager is responsible for carrying out responsibilities in the following functional areas: Organizational Development, HR Compliance, Employee Relations, Training and Development, Employee Benefits & Compensation, and Talent Recruitment.
The Human Resource Manager reports directly to the EVP.
- Demonstrate leadership in action by exemplifying Central McGowan Core Values.
- Maintain and Improve an employee-oriented company culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
- Assists with the development and administration of programs, procedures, and guidelines to help align team members with the short term and long term strategic goals of Central McGowan.
- Assist in the development and implementation of clear, measurable goals and standards for employee growth and overall Business Improvement.
- Lead the process related to the documentation and follow-up of annual staff performance reviews.
- Interview, hire, onboard, and assist with the training of employees.
- Develop a training matrix and Coordinate department training and education.
- Develop, Organize, and Manage the Training and Education needs for employees, including Manager Training for HR and Personnel Development.
- Examine and determine continuous improvement projects within departments.
- Assist in setting and monitoring internal standards.
- Provide guidance for the development of workflow processes to ensure efficient and accurate completion of duties.
- Audit employee files to ensure best practices and compliance.
- Provide guidance for the Development and Implementation of a comprehensive Internship and/or Mentorship program for Central McGowan.
- Participates in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings and seminars.
- Assists to establish departmental measurements that support the accomplishment of the company’s strategic goals.
SPECIFIC AREAS OF MANAGEMENT:
- Employee Orientation, Development & Training
- Policy & Procedures Administration
- Compensation & Benefits Administration
- Payroll processing through third party vendor (ADP)
- Performance Management Administration
- Recruiting & Staffing Logistics
- Organizational Planning & Development
- Process Improvement
- Employment Compliance
- Employee Relations
- Employee Safety, Welfare, Wellness & Health
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resources or related field.
- 7 years of related experience preferred.
- General knowledge of employment laws and practices.
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources programs.
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Must include Excel and demonstrated skills in database management and record keeping.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Excellent interpersonal and coaching skills.
- Evidence of the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational skills.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a distribution hub in Fargo, ND; and 70+ dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.