This full-time, fill plant support position assists in job duties as instructed by the fill plant team. He/she must be able to perform general labor tasks and a variety of functions, and relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform daily job responsibilities.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
The fill plant support serves existing personnel by assisting in:
- Cylinder handling (moving cylinders to and away from the fill racks & manifolds);
- Loading & unloading trucks & trailers;
- Painting & preparing cylinders for filling;
- Cylinder filling procedures; and
- ACM scanning.
Performs miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- Willingness to work indoors and outdoors, and in all weather and driving conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze and process information.
- Focuses on providing a quality product.
- Adheres to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
- Must be able to keep customer information, equipment, and knowledge confidential.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, fast learner shows initiative, willing to seek out needs and meet them.
- Must be or are able to obtain fork-lift certification.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, including possessing good English speaking skills, fluency and understandability.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- Lift up to 50 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability.
- Must possess valid MN driver’s license and proof of insurance and be able to do some local travel.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, as required to meet business needs.
- Twist, turn, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand, walk and reach frequently in the performance of responsibilities.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Must be able to use telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, and other office equipment
- Must be able to us portable and hand tools and power tools
- Must provide steel-toed boots to perform job functions
The work environment is indoors and outdoors at the locations of customers and in our St. Cloud office/warehouse. Must be able to be flexible about being in and out of the vehicles throughout the day. There will be exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and more than 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!