This full-time position serves customers by performing routine and preventative maintenance as well as repair work on welding and mechanical equipment from Central McGowan customers. Keep reading to learn more.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
- Serves existing accounts by analyzing work orders from start to finish.
- Performs maintenance and repair on all welding and mechanical equipment on site at customer location as well as at Central McGowan service center.
- Handles customer relations and interactions in person and via telephone regarding equipment.
- Manages the tools and equipment in the service department.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance on location at customer facilities or at our service center in our St. Cloud location.
- Performs welder calibration and certification on location at customer facilities or at our service center in our St. Cloud location.
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs and records.
- Maintains customer confidence by keeping service information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- Associates or bachelors in electronics or related degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred.
- Experience working with electronics troubleshooting.
- Willingness to work indoors and outdoors in all weather and driving conditions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!