The full-time Customer Service Representative works to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. This position will work to build a strong customer loyalty and build our retail clientele. This position also works with the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals in line with company vision and values.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
- Primary Customer Service personnel for all functions
- Open Store / office when 1st to arrive
- First to answer phone as well as answer customer service / accounts receivable questions.
- First to answer in store customer service.
- Generate new and repeat sales by making recommendations to prospects and clients about various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Proactively recommend products and services needed by customers to increase satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all prospects and clients whether on the phone, in person or through electronic communications.
- Provide multiple customer service functions.
- Provide service to incoming retail customers on gas refills.
- Provide service to incoming retail customers regarding hard good recommendations and sales.
- Educate, assist and provide recommendations to customers on various products and processes.
- When appropriate set-up and demo equipment for customers.
- Open and answer Central McGowan sales folder several times daily and reconcile orders and PO’s for customers.
- Reconcile cylinder count and leases with customers.
- Prepare, conduct and resolve customer cylinder audits.
- Work with appropriate Route Salesmen or Account Manager to resolve cylinder inventory discrepancies
- Prepare data for Route Salesmen or Account Manager on cylinder inventory levels.
- Once cylinder audit has been conducted by account representative, input, change or correct cylinder inventory levels in customer files in TIMS software.
- Develop and maintain client relationships and referrals.
- Develop a relationship with customers through telephone and face to face interactions.
- Provide customer service via telephone to incoming city desk callers.
- Answer customer service calls, on product questions, recommendation or to place an order.
- Generate delivery tickets for phone in orders placed by customers looking for delivery. Ensure the delivery person is aware of details on order.
- Troubleshoot various questions over the phone.
- Assist Central McGowan employees calling in with questions and tasks.
- Perform various office tasks and reports as needed
- Look up parts for outside sales people.
- Reconcile cylinder load sheets for drivers and office staff.
- Maintain a clean and organized retail store and personal work space.
- Re-stock sold items in retail store.
- Complete daily load reconciliation
- Verify count of cylinders on load sheet vs. each drivers daily tickets
- Work with driver to reconcile discrepancies.
- Double check the accuracy of load sheet numbers.
- Prepare and mail out lease renewal paperwork
- Prepare and send out past due letters
- Preform lease collection tasks
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of sales experience preferred, preferably in the distribution industry.
- Experience in welding and industrial equipment sales and/or field-related tasks preferred.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate technical selling skills for welding and industrial equipment.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Possess strong negotiating and closing skills. Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather, prepare, and present detailed business information ensuring accurate estimating and pricing for the customer.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the distribution/manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry on a business conversation with owners and decision makers.
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
- Able to adapt to diverse situations rapidly and creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, shows initiative, willing to seek out needs and meet them.
- Hear, speak, and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- Light work and ability to lift up to 25 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Sit for extended periods of time and perform work sitting at a computer.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, reviewing detailed reports, information, and fine print.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, nights and weekends on occasion including attending events/meetings as needed.
- Must possess valid MN driver’s license and proof of insurance and be able to travel to client and prospect locations.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Must be able to use telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, and other office equipment
The work environment is primarily indoors at our St. Cloud facility. He/she must be able to sit and stand for extended periods of time.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and more than 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!