This full-time position is responsible for the installation, technical support and maintenance of all bulk cryogenic systems. He/she will work both in our St. Cloud facility as well as on location at customer sites to perform work.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain all cryogenic transports in the Central McGowan fleet. This includes:
- routine maintenance/repairs as needed;
- DOT placard and decal placement on trucks and trailers;
- maintenance of emergency oxygen trailers;
- proper operation of all vehicles, trailers, functions; and
- communication of issues/problems as they occur.
- Maintain all cryogenic systems at customer locations as well as at Central McGowan’s facilities. This includes:
- cryogenic vessel inspections using proper form(s);
- performing emergency service 24/7/365;
- troubleshooting problems as they occur, communicating with customers on-site to optimize efficiency and safety;
- coordinating annual alarm testing with hospitals and validators; and
- repairing and updating PermaCyls and Bulk Tanks when taken out of service.
- Install all types of gas delivery systems. This includes:
- conducting site evaluations to confirm pad location/size;
- development of a detailed installation plan to share with customer/Central McGowan team;
- collaboration with salesperson to properly quote installation and order/organize required materials/equipment;
- design of piping layout and complete installation (including soldering); and
- coordination with crane company if needed for removal of old/placement of new.
- Install and provide preventive maintenance and testing of gas mixers. This includes:
- analytical testing of Thermco Gas Mixers;
- annual calibration of Thermco Analyzer;
- routine system checks for leaks and performance issues, making repairs as needed; and
- keeping records of testing results, providing a copy to customers to confirm performance.
- Provide routine and preventive maintenance on fill plant pumping system. This includes:
- rebuilding pump and repairing equipment in the pumping department; and
- painting, maintaining/applying barcode stickers and cylinder labels.
- Filling high-pressure cylinders in fill plant to meet customer requirements/demands, which involves rolling and exchanging tanks on and off fill racks.
- Help in other areas including loading/unloading route trucks and CO2 installations.
- Perform other miscellaneous projects and tasks as assigned/needed.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND CERTIFICATIONS
- High School degree or equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant experience
- Experience in installation or service of cylinder or cryogenic systems preferred
- Forklift certified (or able to achieve certification)
- Able to attain a Class A CDL with HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsement
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations and HAZMAT requirements
- Demonstrated technical skills for installation and maintenance of cryogenic systems
- Detailed knowledge of a Trifecta System
- Ability to read and comprehend all gauges in fill plant as well as lab
- Detailed knowledge on the theory of cryogenics and how it reacts in various situations
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to diverse situations rapidly and creatively resolve issues as they arise
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work unsupervised,
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, with good English speaking and comprehension skills
- Customer-service focused, driven to respond promptly and thoroughly to inquiries and needs of internal and customer customers
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!