This full-time position maintains, fills, and has a detailed understanding of high-pressure cylinder gas and tanks. He/she ensures gases are handled properly to OSHA and Central McGowan standards in a safe manner. This position also delivers and transfers multiple types of cylinders using a tractor trailer unit.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
- The Fill Plant – Lab Technician fills all high pressure cylinder gas.
a. Fills all high pressure gas cylinders with Nitrogen, Helium, Oxygen, Argon, CO2 and all blended gas mixtures in various size cylinders.
b. Fill all cryogenic cylinders from a bulk source of Argon, Oxygen, Nitrogen or CO2
- The Fill Plant – Lab Technician operates lab equipment for quality assurance on all gases and records results.
a. Read, operate, troubleshoot and understand gas analysis equipment and fill control panel.
b. Maintaining and fill cylinders to regulatory standards.
c. Track and maintain cylinder data through advanced cylinder management software.
d. Fill high pressure cylinders using an air ratchet and thermometer to aid the fill process.
- Maintains proper documentation and logs on all fill plant cylinder related info required by Central McGowan.
a. Maintains daily logs including lot numbers for medical gases.
b. Documents and maintains lab equipment maintenance log.
c. Maintains daily fill logs and gas inventory for all industrial gases.
d. Documents results of quality assurance.
- Maintains all fill plant property
a. Properly maintains cylinders for appearance and proper/safe operation
b. Inspects cylinders upon each filling cycle.
c. Properly maintains all painting, labeling and barcoding of all cylinders on an as needed basis.
- Assists with various projects in the fill plant and warehouse
a. Assists drivers unloading cylinders when they arrive at loading docks
b. Assists in loading full cylinders for the next route day and secure properly in truck.
c. Makes special deliveries as needed using company vehicles.
d. Maintains cleanliness of the fill plant and lab areas on a daily basis including but not limited to sweeping and washing the floor.
- Safely delivers and transfers cylinders using a tractor trailer unit.
a. Safely drives and transfers; loads and unloads gas cylinders off tractor trailer unit between various locations including vendors, customers and Central McGowan locations.
Performs miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred.
- Experience working with high pressure cylinders preferred.
- Must be able to attain a Class A CDL with HAZMAT and Tanker Endorsement.
- Willingness to work indoors and outdoors in all weather and driving conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate technical skills for the fill plant lab equipment
- Must have a detailed understanding of the various cylinder sizes, color coding system and Code/Part Numbers
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Self-motivated, fast learner shows initiative, willing to seek out needs and meet them.
- Must be or are able to obtain fork lift certification
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations and Hazmat requirements.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work. Able to work unsupervised, make decisions and solve routine problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, including possessing good English speaking skills, fluency and understandability.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- Lift up to 100 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Able to work in heights of 50 ft or more.
- Hear, speak, and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
- Sit for extended periods of time and operate a vehicle.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, reviewing detailed reports, information, and fine print.
- Physical ability to travel to client and prospect locations repeatedly throughout the day including overnight travel as appropriate.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, nights and weekends.
- Must possess valid MN driver’s license and proof of insurance and be able to travel to client and prospect locations.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, as required to meet customer needs.
- Twist, turn, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand, walk and reach frequently in the performance of responsibilities.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Able to use telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, and other office equipment.
Primarily indoors and at the locations of customers. The incumbent must be able to be flexible about being in and out of the vehicles throughout the day. There will be exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and more than 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!