Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Central McGowan has an immediate opportunity for the right candidate as a Beverage Specialist.
Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
The Beverage Specialist is responsible for multiple tasks in our beverage division. This position works with all beverage division employees as well as customers to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and division goals.
- Delivers CO2 product as well as helium, and nitrogen on an as needed basis, back up delivery driver.
- Coordinate all technical service related to beverage customers
- Take all incoming service related calls for the beverage division
- Troubleshoot customer systems CO2 and Nitrogen generators both in person and over the phone
- Complete field service work on CO2 and Nitrogen generator systems.
- Take evening and weekend beverage service calls
- Install all beverage systems including CO2 and nitrogen generators.
- Maintain inventory records of bulk CO2 cylinders and nitrogen generator
- Let manager know of systems stock levels and when to reorder
- Forecast the necessary inventory quantities
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of experience preferred, preferably in the beverage industry.
- Experience in installation or service of cylinder or cryogenic systems preferred.
- Experience in vehicle maintenance
- Must be able to attain a Class A CDL with Hazmat and Tanker Endorsement.
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather and driving conditions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate technical skills for installation and maintenance of bulk CO2 systems.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry on a business conversation with owners and decision makers.
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to adapt to diverse situations rapidly and creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Self-motivated, fast learner shows initiative, willing to seek out needs and meet them.
- Must be willing and able to drive large vehicles
- Must be able to operate a variety of large tools
- Must be or are able to obtain fork lift certification
- Working knowledge of DOT regulations and Hazmat requirements.
- Detailed knowledge of state and local laws governing operation of motor vehicles on highways and city streets including obeying all traffic laws.
- Able to manage the driving schedule and to plan and prepare ahead.
- Must possess excellent time management skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Able to plan, prioritize, coordinate, and manage own work. Able to work unsupervised, make decisions and solve routine problems independently, effectively and creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, including possessing good English speaking skills, fluency and understandability.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization. Incumbent must be able to:
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
- This position includes lifting up to 100 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Hear, speak, and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
- Sit for extended periods of time and operate a vehicle.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, reviewing detailed reports, information, and fine print.
- Physical ability to travel to client and prospect locations repeatedly throughout the day including overnight travel as appropriate.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, nights and weekends.
- Must possess valid MN driver’s license and proof of insurance and be able to travel to client and prospect locations.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, including overtime, as required to meet customer needs.
- Twist, turn, bend, stoop, kneel, squat, stand, walk and reach frequently in the performance of responsibilities. Incumbent must be able to use telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, and other office equipment
- TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Incumbent must be able to operate large vehicles and forklift
Incumbent must provide steel toed boots to perform job functions.
Incumbent must be able to use tool boxes, hand tools, electrical and portable tools, some heavy power tools
Incumbent must be able to operate pump and hoses off the delivery vehicle.
The work environment is indoors and outdoors at the locations of customers as well as in our office/warehouse. The incumbent must be able to be flexible about being in and out of the vehicles throughout the day. There will be exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
Compensation / Benefits
The position includes a highly competitive salary, 401K, medical insurance plan and vacation.
We have a great place to work, outstanding people to work with, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.