This full-time position manages daily, weekly and monthly AR tasks. On a daily basis this position will complete daily cash deposits, process collections related to customer accounts, and miscellaneous tasks as assigned. He/she also manages and processes customer AR inquiries, invoices, statements, account adjustments, customer reconciliations, credit references, and assists in maintaining sales tax exemption files.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
- Process daily Accounts Receivable deposit.
a. Accurately apply incoming ACH, credit card, and check payments.
b. Process and maintain unapplied payments as necessary.
c. Prepare daily deposit for the bank.
d. Balance daily AR, at the branch level and overall company level.
- Perform daily customer collection procedures on delinquent accounts.
a. Create and review delinquency reports. Conduct collection calls and other collection efforts on past due customers.
b. Utilize discretion and judgment within company policy to establish payment arrangements as appropriate. Negotiate Credit Extensions when necessary.
c. Provide Customer Service regarding collection issues. Resolve customer discrepancies and short payments.
d. Make charge-off and pre-legal recommendations to the Controller/Accounting Manager.
e. Closely monitor/track payment status.
- Prepare and maintain appropriate documentation and reports for assigned accounting functions.
a. Assist team in creation of invoices, statements, and reports ensuring all information is accurate and presented in a timely manner.
b. Research, compile, and prepare reports, documents, correspondence or other information required by management on a timely basis.
- Work closely with teams/departments to ensure accurate financials are maintained and any discrepancies are resolved in a timely manner.
a. Coordinate with internal staff to solve discrepancies on costing and invoice information.
b. Coordinate with other personnel to research and resolve customer disputes. Obtain the necessary information for our customer to get the payment made.
c. Respond to inquiries from management regarding accounts receivable data, lease information, collections, special reporting requests, etc.
- Assist with other clerical duties such as photocopying and maintaining copier, laminating, filing, running reports, and typing documents as needed.
- Work safely, abide by and promote established safety policies and procedures. Identify and follow-up on unsafe conditions.
- Research, compile, and prepare reports, documents, correspondence or other information required by management on a timely basis.
- Assist in month-end close process as directed.
- Perform other miscellaneous projects and tasks as requested by management.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & CREDENTIALS
- Associate’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent preferred.
- Two or more years’ experience in a similar Accounting/Accounts Receivable role preferred.
- Strong knowledge of computers and software, including Microsoft Office, and Outlook required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to communicate effectively on the telephone, in-person and in writing
- Able to maintain the confidential nature of information.
- Able to analyze and interpret financial data and prepare financial reports, statements and/or projections.
- Knowledge of Microsoft applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and financial application systems and databases.
- Mathematical/quantitative aptitude and skills to track financial data.
- Must be a good team player and detail-oriented.
- Able to manage time effectively on multiple long and short-term projects simultaneously, meeting all related deadlines.
- Strong skills in verbal and written communication to accurately communicate needs with all levels of the organization and with outside agencies.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and relationship building skills to effectively work with a diverse group/variety of people and personalities.
- Able to display high levels of customer service, responding promptly and thoroughly to the inquiries and needs of individuals both internal and external to the organization.
- Communicate clearly and effectively both orally and in writing to all levels of people inside and outside the organization, including possessing good English-speaking skills.
- Diplomacy and tact to handle and resolve difficult issues.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!