This full-time position is responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close. He/she works to expand the customer base in identified areas. This person also works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals to achieve company vision and values. Keep reading to learn more.
Do you enjoy meeting new people and building relationships with great customers? Don’t wait, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
- Develop a business plan, in conjunction with Company management that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Prepare strategy for effective search of sales leads and prospects to focus the Account Manager on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale.
- Generate new and repeat sales by making recommendations to prospects and clients of various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Proactively recommend products and services needed by customers to increase satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all prospects and clients whether on the phone, in person or through electronic communications.
- Source, develop, and maintain client relationships and referrals.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, e-mail or networking.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans to increase awareness and usage of Company products and services.
- Identify and build effective networking groups to increase awareness and referrals, by working through the area Chambers, networking groups, getting referrals from current clients, etc.
- Support marketing strategy by providing exceptional service to all clients, prospects, community, and staff (i.e. greeting people, remember/use person’s name, etc.).
- Create, update and maintain a variety of reports and documents.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and solutions to their problems.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies and promote continuous improvement of workplace safety.
- Identify and correct all unsafe conditions and practices and communicate actions to appropriate individuals.
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field preferred.
- 3 – 5 years of sales experience preferred, preferably in the distribution/manufacturing industry.
- Experience in welding and industrial equipment sales and/or field-related tasks preferred.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!