This full-time position is responsible for all sales activities, from lead generation through close. He/she works to expand the customer base in identified areas. This position also works within the sales and support teams for the achievement of customer satisfaction, revenue generation, and long-term account goals to achieve our company vision and values.
Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced, team-based workplace and delivering outstanding customer service? Central McGowan has an immediate opportunity for the right candidate as an Account Manager in Fargo, ND. Don’t wait to apply, if your positive attitude is contagious and you are looking for a great career with an innovative, family-owned and family-orientated company.
Day in and day out, we strive to be the everyday heroes who help make life work better. Join our team of everyday heroes today!
- Develop a business plan, in conjunction with Company management that ensures attainment of company sales goals and profitability.
- Prepare strategy for effective search of sales leads and prospects to focus the Account Manager on meeting or exceeding sales quota.
- Initiate and coordinate development of action plans to penetrate new markets.
- Maximize all opportunities in the process of closing a sale.
- Generate new and repeat sales by making recommendations to prospects and clients of various solutions the company offers to their business issues.
- Provide timely, accurate, competitive pricing while striving to maintain maximum profit margin.
- Determine customer requirements and expectations in order to recommend appropriate solutions.
- Proactively recommend products and services needed by customers to increase satisfaction and improve transaction profitability.
- Provide exceptional customer service to all prospects and clients whether on the phone, in person or through electronic communications.
- Source, develop, and maintain client relationships and referrals.
- Develop a database of qualified leads through referrals, telephone canvassing, face to face cold calling on business owners, direct mail, e-mail or networking.
- Assist in the development and implementation of marketing plans to increase awareness and usage of Company products and services.
- Identify and build effective networking groups to increase awareness and referrals, by working through the area Chambers, networking groups, getting referrals from current clients, etc.
- Support marketing strategy by providing exceptional service to all clients, prospects, community, and staff (i.e. greeting people, remember/use person’s name, etc.).
- Create, update and maintain a variety of reports and documents.
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow-up activities.
- Create and conduct effective proposal presentations and RFP responses that identify prospects business problems, the effects of the problems, and solutions to their problems.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies and promote continuous improvement of workplace safety.
- Identify and correct all unsafe conditions and practices and communicate actions to appropriate individuals.
Perform miscellaneous projects and complete various tasks as requested by management.
Education, Experience and Certifications
- High School degree or equivalent required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Sales, Marketing or related field preferred.
- 2 – 5 years of sales experience prefered, preferably in the distribution industry.
- Experience in welding and industrial equipment sales and/or field-related tasks preferred.
- Proven ability to achieve sales quotas.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Demonstrate technical selling skills for welding and industrial equipment.
- Complete understanding of pricing and proposal models.
- Possess strong negotiating and closing skills. Demonstrated ability to convert prospects and close deals while maintaining established sales quotas.
- Strong problem identification and objection resolution skills.
- Able to build and maintain lasting relationships with customers.
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills.
- Demonstrate the ability to gather, prepare, and present detailed business information ensuring accurate estimating and pricing for the customer.
- Must have detailed knowledge of the distribution/manufacturing industry.
- Demonstrate the ability to carry on a business conversation with owners and decision makers.
- Must adhere to all company policies, procedures and business ethics codes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to interact effectively with a variety of people and personalities inside and outside the organization.
- Detail-oriented, organized and applies effective time management skills in order to meet all deadlines.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Able to adapt to diverse situations rapidly and creatively resolve issues as they arise.
- Self-motivated, fast learner, shows initiative, willing to seek out needs and meet them.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS NECESSARY TO PERFORM THIS JOB
Incumbent must be able to:
- This position includes light work, lifting up to 25 pounds, with frequent lifting/carrying of objects weighing up to 10 pounds.
- Hear, speak, and effectively verbally communicate in the English language, including following oral and written instructions, in order to communicate with people inside and outside the organization.
- Sit for extended periods of time and perform work sitting at a computer.
- Apply manual dexterity, visual acuity and ability, for computer keyboarding, office equipment use, reviewing detailed reports, information, and fine print.
- Physical ability to travel to client and prospect locations repeatedly throughout the day including overnight travel as appropriate.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule, nights and weekends on occasion including attending events/meetings as needed.
- Must possess valid MN driver’s license and proof of insurance and be able to travel to client and prospect locations.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
Incumbent must be able to use telephone, calculator, copy/scan/fax machine, computers, printers, and other office equipment.
The work environment is primarily indoors and at the locations of customers. The incumbent must be able to be flexible about being in and out of the vehicles throughout the day. There will be exposure to a variety of weather conditions.
ABOUT CENTRAL MCGOWAN / WE WORK FOR YOU
Central McGowan was founded in 1965 with the merger of McGowan Welding Supply of Little Falls (founded in 1947) and Central Welding Supply of St. Cloud. In 2015, the company added a custom automation and robotic division in St. Cloud, MN. Today, our distribution footprint spans 40,000 square miles of Minnesota, and includes 3 retail stores in St. Cloud, Little Falls and Burnsville; a CO2 distribution hub/store in Fargo, ND and St. Paul, respectively; and nearly 70 dealers statewide. Our dedicated Automation Center serves customers through the Midwest, coast to coast, and in Texas.
After decades of doing business, we believe quality and integrity are the keys to our business, as is always putting our customers first. And we believe our employees are the reason for our success and are proud of their loyalty, dedication, and longevity. We are committed to providing a safe, challenging, and rewarding work environment where our employees can thrive.
We are a great place to work with outstanding people, loyal customers, and an awesome benefits package. If you are interested, we would love to have you apply today!